Sunday, June 8, 2008

Forthcoming!

There are certain set of realizations that a “human” being has at most unexpected times. There are certain actions of us “humans” that define our destiny, but what if the destiny we have is not accepted by the “people”? What would happen if the authenticity of our existence is questioned? What happens when people challenge the validity of our ‘emotions’? Complete ignorance to the existence of humanity. Are people to be blamed? I don’t know. Since I am one of them yet choose to be not like them.

Following this post, would be my first attempt at a short story. A story that tries and search the boundaries and the understanding of the word “humanity” or “simply being human”. My take and understanding of this delicate issue which we consciously or unconsciously decide to ignore, or probably don’t pay enough attention to. This story will look at the issues faced by individuals in the urban scenario. Set in the modern times, when Bangalore is developing and getting flooded by people. Every person is trying to grab and snatch a place for himself, the size doesn’t matter. Would my characters be able to define themselves and their spaces where they belong? I don’t know yet!

A Small Overview of the story:

The story revolves around two protagonists. Their unexpected yet a destined meeting on a bright Sunday morning at a vintage coffee shop called the coffee house in Bangalore. Last night was utterly uncomfortable for both of them. They were faced with questions that challenged the authenticity of their being. Was it so different being them? Was it so difficult to accept them as they were? Was it so disgraceful being them? Weren’t they humans? At least after last night they didn’t feel the same. What would they talk about? Or would they talk at all? what happened the night before? How did it effect both of them?



p.s- Since there are privacy issues involved. I would not be publishing this story on my blog space. I would still love get to know the feedback of my friends from bloggersville. Since all your thoughts would be very important to me. I would request my friends to please mail me their email Id's at prabhjeetsingh.khalsa@gmail.com. All the contact details would be kept completely confidential. I would be sending all of you a PDF format of the final draft. If anyone new enters my blog and is equally interested i would request him/her to mail me their details. I shall get back to you as soon as possible. I have given myself "one month", so if everything goes according to plan i would finish the final draft by this month end or early next month. I hope all you guys would help me out in this endevor.

A part of this story would also take shape on a 'train'. I love travelling by trains. i haven't done that myself in a long time. But i have got a perfect excuse of my holiday this month where i will be off to my hometown, that's delhi! :) for about 15 days. well... sometimes all the signs are right to start off a new chapter! literally!


8 comments:

aria said...

Intriguing. I don't think I've read any story on your blog (so far) Sounds interesting and I'm sure you'll make it gripping with your style and lucidity of your thoughts and imagery. All the best. :)

Priya said...

Ever day life of humans interesting:)

You keep writing Caspr..

Keshi said...

sure. Let us know. And all the very best!

Keshi.

Cinderella said...

Sure Casper ! I'll mail ya. Rightaway...

man in painting said...

interesting..
nice blog.
congrats...

Alok said...

interesting .. would luv to read it .... u already hv my mail id :)


Alok

Sameera Ansari said...

Hmmm sounds interesting!Do let us know when you are done with the final draft ok :)

Anonymous said...

i surely enjoy your own posting choice, very attractive,
don't quit and keep creating as a result it just simply very well worth to look through it,
impatient to see even more of your own article content, have a pleasant day :)