Wednesday, November 7, 2007

To a new begining

The smile on the breaking dawn,
Hugged by the tender warmth of the sun,

The night just passed away,

Giving way to a new day,

Thought the darkness was warm,

Too warm that I wanted to cling on,

But the fragrance was perhaps too strong,

The fragrance of the decisive new day,

I knew I had to walk on and so I did,

To a new beginning

I wiped of the tired dreams off my eyes,
To notice they were there still asleep,

I promised to leave them where they were,

Perhaps for them to find another eye to lay on,

I kissed them goodbye for they were close to me,

I know parting is hard but I just left them there to be,

I would be a lair if I said I wouldn’t miss them,

Perhaps they would miss me too,

But it’s just fine because I know they too would wake up,

Someday,

To a new beginning.


Did I find the new beginning?
May be yes I have,
Let me hug it for a while,
And see if it hugs me back.
I will live the new day back again,
The way I lived the last,
Or may be even more passionately,
Because may be it’s a day,
Resurfaced from my past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Perhaps to find another eye to lay on."

It is hilariously a bitter tragedy. A paradox. Ah!

Anonymous said...

Just that line.

Touching poetry.